Our business is focused on pleasure and charter craft insurance.
Our team of specialists have many years of experience in both underwriting as well as on-water activities.
Benefits To You
Our cover, automatic and optional extensions bring many benefits to your extensive insurance cover options.
- Sudden accidental physical loss or damage.
- Agreed value single sum insured on the vessel which includes, where applicable, spars, sails, machinery, tender, outboards, trailer, equipment and other accessories that would normally be sold with the craft.
- Provision to insure fishing gear kept permanently aboard vessels on Moored or Berthed craft policies.
- Navigation limits up to 200 nautical miles from North and South Islands of New Zealand including transportation and storage on land.
automatic extensions include:
- Emergency towing costs following a breakdown up to $2,000 per year.
- Crew rescue costs up to $10,000.
- Reimbursement of temporary accommodation costs up to $1,000 following an accident to your vessel.
- Personal effects, your own or guests whilst aboard your vessel and not otherwise insured. For moored launches and yachts up to $5,000 in total, and for trailer craft $1,000.
- Reimbursement of costs up to $1,000 for replenishing, refilling or replacing fire extinguishers and/or safety flares used during an incident giving rise to an admitted claim.
- Reimbursement of costs, up to 25% of the sum insured, incurred in preventing or attempting to prevent loss or damage.
- Medical expenses up to $2,000 incurred as a result of an accident to any person while in, upon boarding or leaving your vessel.
- Items purchased for the vessel during any one period of insurance automatically covered up to $25,000 in respect of moored vessels, and $5000 for trailercraft.
- Lump sum payment of $10,000 in total for the accidental death of the insured/s as a result of bodily injury whilst aboard the vessel.
- Legal liability arising from the ownership or use of the vessel $5,000,000.
- Punitive or exemplary damages $250,000.
- General damages for mental injury $250,000.
- With our prior approval legal costs up to $10,000 should you or your vessel be involved or implicated in a maritime accident which is the subject of a MSA, TAIC or Coroner's inquiry.
optional extensions include:
- Full racing cover for yachts.
- Partnership death by accident cover-specifically for syndicates.
- Bluewater off shore facility.
This is a resume only and full details are contained in the policy conditions, sometimes individual risks will have variations on the above.